What is Amazon Redshift?
Amazon Redshift is a fast, fully managed data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data using standard SQL and your existing Business Intelligence (BI) tools. It allows you to run complex analytic queries against petabytes of structured data, using sophisticated query optimization, columnar storage on high-performance local disks, and massively parallel query execution. Most results come back in seconds.
With Amazon Redshift, you can start small with no commitments and scale out to petabytes of data, less than a tenth the cost of traditional solutions.
Amazon Redshift also includes Redshift Spectrum, allowing you to directly run SQL queries against exabytes of unstructured data in Amazon S3. No loading or transformation is required, and you can use open data formats, including Avro, CSV, Grok, ORC, Parquet, RCFile, RegexSerDe, SequenceFile, TextFile, and TSV. Redshift Spectrum automatically scales query compute capacity based on the data being retrieved, so queries against Amazon S3 run fast, regardless of data set size.
Among its most prominent features are flexible querying of data with SQL (including big data), near-unlimited agile scalability, federated queries support, automation of common DWH maintenance tasks, comprehensive security capabilities, etc.
At the feature level AWS Redshift give us the following advantages:
- Automated infrastructure provisioning.
- Data Integration with ETL-ELT.
- High Availability and fault tolerance.
- SQL Querying.
- Native spatial data processing.
- Integration with AWS S3.
- Native integration with the AWS ecosystem.
- Federated Queries Support.
- Integration with third-party tools.
- Accommodation to intensive workloads.
- Massively parallel processing.
- Result caching.
- Optimized data storage.
- Machine learning capabilities.
Nubiral, one of the top services providers on AWS.
With more than 11 years of experience in Infrastructure, Data, and DevOps, provides the support and knowledge to design, deploy and maintain any RedShift deployment to help your business get the most needed insights that your business needs.
Nubiral believes in pragmatic planning that eliminates risk and helps enterprises meet their business goals, maximize performance and optimize costs. Working with our customers on the initial stages of Redshift implementation, working on Architecture, Business Goals, User, and strategy.
Nubiral ensures smooth migration of data from your existing data warehouse to Amazon Redshift and gets you more rapidly to take advantage of strategic insights.
Nubiral helps accelerate your journey from a data warehouse to a truly cloud-native AWS data platform replete with integration, machine learning abilities, and superior analytics while keeping the reliability of your data by helping you manage your AWS Redshift environment.
AWS Redshift Use Cases
- Predictive maintenance.
- Yield/throughput analytics.
- Supply chain optimization.
Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Integration of disparate data sources: financial, marketing and sales, production, operational data, etc.
- Scalable and secure data storage.
- Enterprise-wide analytics and reporting.
- Customer segmentation.
- Customer attrition/RFM/CLTV modeling.
- Prediction of buying behavior, risks, and churn.
- Establishing targeted/personalized communication (product recommendations, discounts).
Weblog and clickstream analytics
- Website/application optimization.
- Optimization of e-commerce cart and checkout flow.
- Targeted marketing in real-time.
AWS Redshift Benefits
Amazon Redshift allows rapidly provisioning the required infrastructure and ensures constant availability with automatic continuous data replication and backups, etc., which means less unplanned DWH downtime and up to 16% increased productivity of business users.
IT staff efficiency
Amazon Redshift requires up to 60%* less IT staff time to deploy, administer and support than legacy solutions due to the automation of infrastructure provisioning and administrative tasks, such as backups, replication, and patching, which allows IT teams to focus on high-value tasks.
IT infrastructure costs
With Amazon Redshift, you eliminate substantial upfront investments for the physical infrastructure deployment, upgrade, and maintenance. Additionally, there is no risk of data warehouse overprovisioning thanks to pay-as-you-go pricing models and advanced data compression capabilities.